Thursday, May 17, 2012

Time to Move

Oh, yeah - well, when I lived in Peabody, one of my best friends attended St. Paul's! - not true but I hope it got your attention .

I don't believe I can find the right words to describe to all of you how excited I am at the prospect of our families joining into one.  The St. Paul clan has so much to offer with new ideas, ways and energy.  The Calvary clan has the same to bring to the table.

Those who know me just a tad better would probably tell you that I don't see a lot of grey - I do see a whole lot of black and white so for me, at least, often clearly see the way I believe to travel or the option to select and sometimes I find it difficult to understand why others cannot see the situation as clearly as I.  I do work at getting better with this failing but more often than not, I fall back into the Bill Hooper mode.

My Sisters and Brothers, there is no doubt in my mind that our families will join if for no other reason that there are no other viable options available and we have the ability to satisfy one another's need and it has already been tested and proven that we meld well together.  The "word-that-is-not-to-be-spoken" is MERGE.  Well, after all of the conversation that has already taken place, are we or aren't we?

Yes, yes!  I know there are some minor details to address like real estate, clergy, financial status, personnel along with aproximately 74,392 other items but I might suggest to all that none of these things can be realistically or completely addressed until we agree to merge our clans.  Besides, we can hire Solomon to mediate those details!  So now before the summer break, it's time to do a lot of thinking and soul searching and if you truly believe this is God's will for us then it's time to proudly announce to the Diocese, to our respective communities and to the world that St. Paul's and Calvary Church intend to become one.  Wouldn't the first order of business be to choose a name so we can tell everyone that our new family will be called Saint "Something"?

I think June 3rd be a good day to take the first step in our journey.

God bless all!

Bill Hooper
Calvary

2 comments: